Ferris & Britton counsels both established and emerging businesses in raising equity and debt capital through initial public offerings, secondary public offerings, and seed, mezzanine and late stage private offerings. We have extensive experience in negotiating, documenting and obtaining regulatory approval where required of a wide variety of public and private debt and/or equity offerings, including initial and follow-up public offerings, private placements, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate partnerships. We work with issuers, underwriters, major shareholders, venture capitalists and institutional investors.
We negotiate and document many other types of complex, sensitive and sophisticated securities-based transactions with demanding securities issues including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, including both public and private companies and reverse triangular mergers;
- Sale of businesses, including share exchanges and asset sales;
- Reorganizations, including tax-driven transactions;
- Earn-outs, including transactions involving escrows and contingent shares;
- Spin-offs, including establishment of stand-alone and subsidiary companies;
- Startup equity planning, including both closely-held and investor-driven enterprises;
- Partnering and collaboration agreements, including both technology and traditional economy businesses; and
- Technology Licensing, including representation of both licensor and licensees.