Ferris & Britton advises clients in a wide variety of real estate transactions. The firm has extensive experience in enabling property owners, buyers and developers to realize the highest value from their property. Our wide experience in real estate transactions includes:
- Negotiation and documentation of sales and acquisitions, including ground leases;
- Property tax issues, including valuation issues and appeals of assessments and taxation of possessory interests;
- Negotiation and documentation of commercial leases, including office, commercial, industrial, manufacturing, and historical properties;
- Purchase and sale, including of high value commercial and residential properties;
- Negotiation and documentation of tax-driven transactions, including deferred like-kind exchanges, condemnations and the structuring of the reinvestment of condemnation proceeds, and the development of projects qualifying for low-income housing tax credits;
- Planning transactions to meet client objectives and the bright-line timing requirements of the tax laws; and
- Structuring acquisitions and sales to minimize property, income and estate taxes.